LifeLine is transforming a city with a troubled animal welfare legacy into a compassionate community deeply rooted in a culture of lifesaving that will create a model to be emulated nationwide. LifeLine is actively on its way to making its ultimate goal a reality: transforming metro Atlanta into a no-kill community that prioritizes saving the lives of its homeless pets. We are looking for passionate individuals to join or team and our cause! Are you IN?
We have four positions available at LifeLine Animal Project:
LifeLine Animal Project, Inc. is currently seeking a Kennel Attendant at the LifeLine Dog House & Kitty Motel facility in Avondale Estates, Georgia. Kennel Attendants are responsible for cleaning cages and kennels, feeding animals, processing animals during intake, assisting people looking for their lost pets and assisting customers who are interested in adopting a pet. Other duties may include washing dishes, doing laundry, unloading dog food, assisting with euthanasia and other tasks as assigned.
- Previous animal related employment experience required. Examples of previous experience include employment at an animal shelter, veterinary clinic, doggy daycare or other animal related business where you had hands-on experience with animals.
- Ability to stand for extended periods (8 hours a day) and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats and other animals including vicious, stray, sick or injured animals. Ability to determine which animals are aggressive.
- Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected, or treated cruelly.
- Ability to learn/perform a variety of animal care related work activities.
- Must be available to work early mornings and on weekends.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Cat Care Attendant
(description coming soon)