Thank you for your interest in volunteering with LifeLine Animal Project. We cared for more than 29,000 animals last year, and we could not have done it without the help of our dedicated volunteers.
When LifeLine opened its doors in 2002, a handful of passionate volunteers worked alongside staff to end the euthanasia of healthy and treatable dogs and cats in metro Atlanta shelters. Today, over 2,400 volunteers have committed to help LifeLine transform Atlanta into a no-kill community by 2016.
It only takes a little time to make a big difference! You can walk dogs and aid in socializing those who need it, spend time with the residents of our Kitty Motels, participate in offsite adoption, fundraising, and community events, or help out in the LifeLine Spay & Neuter Clinics. Whether you volunteer once a month or once a week, your involvement will help LifeLine expand community outreach programs, raise critical dollars to fund our mission and provide high quality care to the animals in our shelters.
LifeLiners are on a mission to save the world one animal at a time.
You can check out our volunteer opportunities here! Once you're ready to join our volunteer team, fill out our volunteer application and join our incredible team of volunteers and start changing lives today!
LifeLine Animal Project welcomes groups for team building volunteer activities to participate at any of our locations.
- We can accommodate a group of up to 20 people maximum
- M-F (9-5) are the best days for group activities
- We schedule in 2-4 hour blocks of time (which includes a 30-45 minute orientation)
- All individuals must be 18 years or older and need to have signed a liability waiver (which we provide)
- All individuals must wear closed-toe shoes, full-length sturdy pants, and t-shirt length (or longer) sleeve shirts
To ensure we have the resources on hand to make your group volunteer experience as enjoyable and meaningful as possible, we request at least four weeks' advanced notice. Please note, locations may vary based on needs and group size.
- The name of your organization
- The number of people that may attend
- Any physical or other limitations
- Specific day or time requests